In his book "Color Vision", the Darwis Triadi, a well-known photographer, writes "The colors on a photo subject will energize and pose a certain feeling to those who see it. Color makes us able to reveal one's personality. Color can create harmony in life. With color, we can create a shady and peaceful atmosphere. With color, we can create survival and chaos. Understanding colors are very interesting and important, equally interesting and important by understanding a life that is full of color. However, keep in mind, colors are not the most important elements to produce nice, captivating photos. " (Triadi, 2014)
Similarly, in architectural work, a person's mood can be affected by the color seen by him. Each color will give a distinctive impression and be uniquely perceived. It is said that color also has a correlation with one's character, indicating its identity and existence in its environment. The colors that are around us seem to speak and affect our moods. That is why color plays an important role in the design.
Specifically, this article will give you tips on playing with beige in your dream home, character, application, and how to blend with other materials and colors.
1. Cream Color CharacterOften people mistake the beige color with ivory and beige colors that are similar. All three are gradations of white color. Ivory color tends towards pink, beige tends towards brown, while beige tends to be yellow.
Beige colors present the softness and impressed classic. Soft, not flashy, creates a sense of calm and warm nuance, and easy to combine with other colors.
2. A chic blend of elegant beige color and natural elementsShonny Archaul blends beige colors with reddish-brown from exposed bricks, ceramic tiles, and clay jars to reinforce the classic, grounded, and natural effects. The brown color of the door and the wood frame, as well as ceramic floor patterned natural scars in the Medijavanean Home at Bintaro, give a smart and elegant impression of simplicity.
3. Cream color accentuates ' point of interest '
The soft beige wall paint collaboration with parquet hardwood floors is deeply fused and features a dark brown sofa as a point of interest in the family room of Saman House at Pantai Indah Kapuk.
4. Beige color for a modern minimalist style
Modern minimalist style that is now being loved by often makes use of beige color to reinforce the impression of elegant simplicity. Beige becomes one of the favorite colors because it is easy to combine with various colors, both harmonious and contrasting colors.
5. Luxurious beige and black blend
The beige color of the Villa WRK is displayed by limestone on the walls. Reinforce the elegant impression highlighted from the hanging swing and black sofa, chime in harmony with the black natural stone on the garden wall. The elegant composition between the comfortable open-plan room with outdoor space that touches the local culture of Bali.
6. "Counterfeiting" beige colorThe beige color with its accompanying warm and comfortable impression, should not be obtained from the actual beige color. White-colored elements can be ' forged ' to resemble a beige color with a lighting effect of yellow luminous light. With this trick, you can bring up two effects at once, the hygienic effects of white and the warmth of beige.
7. Partial manipulationThe creamy light-colored fluorescent looks elegantly decorated with the garden of Cilandak House, providing warmth amid the comfortable feel of the white nuance in the whole room.
8. Beige color for a romantic impression in the bedroomUndoubtedly, the warm and comfortable impression of the beige color from the ceiling of the fluorescent, the mosquito net that overcomes the bed, plus the dim yellow light that will evoke a romantic and intimate impression on the bedroom.
Every color has its own meaning and impression. Have unique character to show identity and provide different comfort, melt and reinforce the atmosphere. Choose colors that can support, complement, and reinforce space functions. Play with colors and create a dream home that is full of meaning and gives a profound impression to you as a family.