Buying or building small homes is no problem especially for young people who are just starting a family or living alone, having a small house with little room will not be a problem. After all, with very limited room capacity, a small house can look great, as long as the owner is careful and know how to arrange the small house interior appropriately.
image : kumparan(dot)com
Well, to answer the problem of a small house, admins have 10 design ideas to maximize space and land in a small house to look wider. Here's the complete explanation,
1. Bright Colors for wallsYou must be very often heard or read about how bright home paint colors make rooms or small houses seem more spacious and airy. This classic way works effectively. The architecture and interior design experts recommend white paint and other bright colors to be applied to a room or small house.
With bright colors, small houses will feel airy, fresh, and bright. Applying dark-colored paint to the room will make the small house look more comfortable, but make the small house smaller. Instead of reflecting light, the darker paint color absorbs the incoming lighting source, as the home looks gloomy.
2. Utilize the mirror on the wallIf you are visiting a restaurant or shopping shop with a narrow room, take a look around the walls of the room. The store owner mounted a mirror around the room to create a large room impression. This mirror idea can also be applied to small houses.
In a fairly narrow room, simply hang some medium-sized mirrors next to each other. Customize the mirror frame into a uniform color to beautify the room decor, to give the impression of a wider room than the original.
3. Multifunction Furniture as a solutionPutting a small closet and a table in a narrow room in a small house will instead make the small house feel full and crowded. Try to use a tabletop or a multifunctional cabinet that can be functioning as a closet simultaneously. Nowadays, multifunctional tables are available on the market for a very varied price, depending on the model and materials.
By utilizing multifunctional furniture, you have saved space in the small house you are living in. If the bedroom is narrow and you need extra space to store the equipment, buy a mattress that has a drawer under the bed that can be enabled as a storage cabinet.
There is also an office desk that has a storage closet, such as a children's study desk, but the capacity you can use to make your little house feel great.
4. Carpet pattern Motif For more spacious room viewIf you don't yet have a carpet for a small house and plan to shop for carpets, buy carpets with small, repetitive pattern motifs. The carpet with a small repeating pattern motif will give the impression of a wider room.
Place the carpet beneath the living room table. Alaskan the carpet with different repetitive patterned motifs on other furniture in your little home as under the bed, sofa, and closet. This is an illusion of an eye to making a small house look broad, not crowded, and bright.
5. window and a large curtainThe large window will ensure the intensity of the incoming sunlight fills the room in the small house is pretty much so it transforms the impression of a small house into a spacious, light, and open house.
With the help of curtains and a large and tall curtain, the ceiling will appear taller and your small house will look wider vertically.
6. Strip Patterned floorsClothing with a stripe pattern or vertical stripes will make a person look taller and a horizontal line pattern will make a person look wider. Apply the illusion of this eye to your little house. If the room in your small house is wider, apply a carpet or vertical patterned flooring to give the impression of the room longer and vice versa.
7. Wall Furniture for TVIf the family room in your small house is narrow, feel free to put some electronic devices on the wall. Hang the telly on the wall, but the DVD player, game console, or speakers on the wall to give an open space on the floor.
8. Remove the doorThe meaning of the door at this point is not the main door of the house to the terrace, but rather a dividing door between one room and another. If the living room and dining room are separated by a door, you can choose to uninstall the door and replace it with a partition of the room.
To prevent the corridor from looking stiff, give the decoration and decoration of the photo frame and painting. You can also make use of the empty spaces by applying wooden beams on the walls as bookshelves or storage areas.
9. Decorate the ceiling with sticker or wall artBy decorating the ceiling, the eyes will be distracting to look up and create the illusion of higher vertical space, so your little house looks wide. Using the principle of perspective illusion to create a wider sense of home is very effective.
10. Carpet pattern Motif For more spacious room viewIf you don't yet have a carpet for a small house and plan to shop for carpets, buy carpets with small, repetitive pattern motifs. The carpet with a small repeating pattern motif will give the impression of a wider room.
Place the carpet beneath the living room table. Alaskan the carpet with different repetitive patterned motifs on other furniture in your little home as under the bed, sofa, and closet. This is an illusion of eye trick to make the small house look wide, not crowded, and look bright.
Styling and choosing small House interiors do need to be careful not to get overcrowded. Hence, be wise to choose the type of furniture and the colors you want to apply to a small house yes!